07 Chevy Crew Truck Bed "rattle"

Hey fellas. I have been noticing, now that the weather is getting nice and I can drive with my windows down, that my truck bed may be "bouncing" a little, producing a "rattling" noise. I live in Dallas where the roads are horrendous, so I only hear it when I am going slow and hit bumps.

Anybody experienced problems like this?

Yea, I thought about that, but my tailgate feels pretty solid. Also, I sometimes convince myself that I can see the bed moving slightly in my mirrors--I don't know, maybe I'm crazy. I do know that there is a noise that almost sounds like I bottom-out my shocks when I hit a hefty bump, but I know it's not my shocks.

Yea, I thought about that, but my tailgate feels pretty solid. Also, I sometimes convince myself that I can see the bed moving slightly in my mirrors--I don't know, maybe I'm crazy. I do know that there is a noise that almost sounds like I bottom-out my shocks when I hit a hefty bump, but I know it's not my shocks.

I started noticing the same thing about a month ago...very weird. I have checked the bed and everything is solid but I swear sometimes it looks like it moves more than it should. I do not have any noises though like you do.

Both good points. I need to get under there and look. And yes, my hitch is normally always in there. Need to take it out and see, plus my rear sensors don't work when it's in there--design flaw...

If you drive down a rough road and watch the bed at the cab, it jumps around a LOT. It's supposed to. It is bolted solidly to the frame and the cab is mounted on rubber. Most of what you see is actually the cab moving. As the frame flexes over bumps, the two move independently of each other to some degree. That is not your rattle.

My truck bed makes noise too - in two places:

1. Trailer hitch rattles

2. Bedliner rattles

But also check your tailgate. Mine is loose and will hit the bed at the bottom causing the paint to chip on the tailgate and on the end of the bed. I've brought it to the dealer a few times regarding this issue and no fix. I had a thread about it awhile back. Check the bottom of your tailgate for chipped paint - that might be a cause too.

Archived