285/70/17 On 07/08 Nbs Crew Cab

Hi Guys,

This is my first post here. I am a new convert from previous all Ford vehicles. I love my new 2008 Sierra 1/2 ton crew cab. The build quality is absolutely first rate.

I want to put on 285/70/17 BFG A/T's.

I had these tires on my F-150 and they are the perfect size and tread pattern for my use.

I have three different opinions from three different tire shops here in town.

Shop 1 says: they will fit fine on OEM alum wheels if I install a leveling kit.

Shop 2 says: they will fit with a leveling kit, but only if I put them on aftermarket rims with a different offset.

Shop 3 says: leveling kit is not enough, I will have to get a full blown suspension lift.

This vehicle will not be used off road per se, but I do live in Montana. So it will see extensive use on rough roads and remote hunting camps. Also, due to deep snow, I need clearence for tire chains on all four.

Any suggestions or advice ? Also please post pics if you have an NBS crew with 285's.

Thanks !

th gmt800s all you needed to do was raise the front end (either crank the tbars or new keys) and they fit fine, thats what i did to mine. they make leveling kits for your truck, they should fit with just the kit, i dont own one though, so id wait for someone who has actually done what youre asking. my truck also has the stock rims. the tire sites should tell you what rim sizes are recommended for the tire, and then just compare it to what you have

You don't need anything, they fit however, they scrub when you go in reverse.

Don't believe anyone when they tell you you need a leveling kit or aftermarket rims to make 285's fit on the NBS trucks. I have the BFG A/T's 285 70/17 on my truck and they fit fine. There is alittle rubbing on the driver side mud flap when you are in reverse but thats only minor. They are a great tire and they make the truck look good. Hope that helps. Here is a picture for ya.

Pic6.jpg

I have the BFG A/T's 285 70/17 on my truck and they fit fine. Here is a picture for ya.

Thanks WilliamsVMAX !

That is the exact info I need. I have the same color truck as yours. Sorry to be a copy-cat but your truck is great looking, and I want the same look.

Hey, you guys on this board are very helpful, I'm glad I joined.

You don't need anything, they fit however, they scrub when you go in reverse.

Don't believe anyone when they tell you you need a leveling kit or aftermarket rims to make 285's fit on the NBS trucks. I have the BFG A/T's 285 70/17 on my truck and they fit fine. There is alittle rubbing on the driver side mud flap when you are in reverse but thats only minor. They are a great tire and they make the truck look good. Hope that helps. Here is a picture for ya.

Every truck is a little different, so what fits on one truck, might not fit on the next.

And in my book, if they rub at all on anything, they don't really fit. I always find it amusing when people say things like, "they fit fine, but the rub a little on...".

Archived