Want to run 295 70r18 tires

They are 34.3 inches tall and 11.7 inches wide. Planning on doing Fox 2.0 coil over which would be a 2 inch front lift. I would also use Boro wheel spacer as needed to avoid rubbing. Do any of you see an issue with this idea?

I'm putting that tire on one of my customers 12 Silverado next week. We already put a 2.5 level on it, we shall see how it goes.. I have seen a few running that size leveled with reported little to no rubbing... and our 14+ trucks are suppose to have more room than the older body style..

I'd say if you go that size you prob won't be able to run spacers unless your willing to trim your fenders

Ok, just got done putting on the 295/70/18 nitto trail grapplers on my customers 12 Silverado with a 2.5 front rc level...some light trimming of the plastic fender liner front and rear. A little bit of metal on the back side of the fender (roughly 1 inch)... and full lock turn with suspension flexed the nubs on the side of the tire rub the sway bar.

Ok, just got done putting on the 295/70/18 nitto trail grapplers on my customers 12 Silverado with a 2.5 front rc level...some light trimming of the plastic fender liner front and rear. A little bit of metal on the back side of the fender (roughly 1 inch)... and full lock turn with suspension flexed the nubs on the side of the tire rub the sway bar.

Thank you very much! Can you clarify what was done on back side of fender. Looking at pics which are appreciated however I can't see what exactly you did

Thank you very much! Can you clarify what was done on back side of fender. Looking at pics which are appreciated however I can't see what exactly you did

It's hard to put in words, and I forgot to take a picture of what I did before I put the liner back. I took a pic of the piece of metal I cut off, and once I cut that "ear" off I took a hammer and bent the remaining corner up and in, trimmed the liner and secured it back down ..where that plastic push pin is in the first picture in the left corner, there use to be another one 2 inches further in, that clipped into the hole in the piece of metal in this picture.

b2806c69e9c3a1445ee5a33d3f1803f0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I'm sure after I get my tires I'll be able to figure it out a little better. Don't want to cut any metal but it certainly won't be the first time!

Our 14+ trucks are different from these pics tho.. but if I could make these fit on a 12, you should def be able to on new body style.

Archived