Iridescent Pearl Tricoat or Summit White

Iridescent Pearl Tricoat or Summit White  

267 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I also wonder if the fact that it is tri coat may help with the thin paint complaints by most owners. I'm not noticing the chips/ flaking others have mentioned and my son scratched a box against the rear trying to put it in the back seat. I see the scrape but it buffed out and didn't appear thin

It is probably microscopic but every little bit helps I guess.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've also got the white frost tricaot. Co-worker has 15 high country in WDT and no offense to anyone that has it but I don't like it at all. The white frost tricoat is perfect. Summit white is classic though, I just prefer the slight pearl.

• 1 month later...

I chose the iridescent pearl myself in a '16 High Country Silverado. Got a ton of positive comments so far. No yellow or beige tinge that I can see and it really pops in he sun. We'll see how it holds up I guess. I like the summit white too but considering the other options I got over a similar truck in summit white I went the way I did.

fab3b3c9ff0b6a1ee04c1103b23b759b.jpg5c1224e02807476c3d3a3c386ecf0cc8.jpg5fc2822f9dc2e85cc48eb914c9e0c17c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like the iridescent pearl tricoat is one of the best colors offered by GM. My wife has that color on her Impala 2LZ and in certain instances when the sun is shining on it the car appears silver. If that color would have been available when I bought my '15 SLT I may have purchased a different truck!

Agree with most on this post. The new tri-coat is much brighter and much better looking. The $1,000 up charge is ridiculous, but it looks way brighter and better then the old diamond Tri-coat. It just always looked dingy and dirty to me. Personally I have a summit white 2LZ and love that too. Just keep it detailed and the chrome and summit white really "pops" too. Good part is unless I cover it in bugs only need to wash once per month. Wife's black Burban requires a membership to the local car wash for minimum of a weekly wash and monthly detail... But nothing catches your eyes like black and chrome!

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

when i went to look for a truck on a friday.... there were 3 on the lot in the all terrain package... grey, blue and white.... showed up monday to buy it.. grey was sold, stepfather picked up the blue, so i got the white.. i've had white before.. i'm happy with it.. i do like the pearl, but think it will be a B$% to match if it gets damaged... IMO.

when i went to look for a truck on a friday.... there were 3 on the lot in the all terrain package... grey, blue and white.... showed up monday to buy it.. grey was sold, stepfather picked up the blue, so i got the white.. i've had white before.. i'm happy with it.. i do like the pearl, but think it will be a B$% to match if it gets damaged... IMO.

I almost went with the all terrain package, but couldn't get myself to buy a gmc. I know it's basically the same truck, but I've always had a Chevy. I went with the summit white for kinda the same reason. Scratches from the deer lease or any other damage would be a pain the match the pearl. Got any pics of your new truck?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I almost went with the all terrain package, but couldn't get myself to buy a gmc. I know it's basically the same truck, but I've always had a Chevy. I went with the summit white for kinda the same reason. Scratches from the deer lease or any other damage would be a pain the match the pearl. Got any pics of your new truck?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

i feel your pain at the lease.. i have a ranch and my last truck had the nice texas pin stripe!... here's a pic at my ranch...

post-161090-0-07143800-1470234629_thumb.jpg

I've had bad luck with my 16 as far as body damage. Shopping cart caved in the door and then $6k of hail damage. Had body work to fix the dent and a new hood put on with the hail damage by 2 different shops for each (insurance vs not using insurance on the shopping cart incident) and both matched it perfectly. So I'd say that's a good test as far as a good shop being able to match.

Personally I just love the bright white with polished aluminum wheels, some chrome and some black/tint/black leather to offset! Plus it looks good weeks after washing. While I agree nothing looks as nice as a perfectly clean shiny black as long as you're happy with all your work lasting an hour. I built my truck myself so I got it exactly how I wanted it and summit white was probably the easiest decision I made.

IMG_2932.JPG

I've had bad luck with my 16 as far as body damage. Shopping cart caved in the door and then $6k of hail damage. Had body work to fix the dent and a new hood put on with the hail damage by 2 different shops for each (insurance vs not using insurance on the shopping cart incident) and both matched it perfectly. So I'd say that's a good test as far as a good shop being able to match.

damn dude.. the luck... i need to get my hood buffed. . it looks like little spots of rust all on it. but i can scrach it off with my finger.. it takes work but they do come off.. .i only found that 2 weeks after i picked it up.. on the first wash... was pissed.. i should of looked it over before i took it off the lot, but didnt like a dummy

i see you took off the front air dam.... i'll tell you this.. my gas has increased.. over the past few weeks since i had all my work done.. i was getting 15.8 nw i'm up to 17.1.. on the 400mile count.. .which is awesome. .. maybe its getting broke in.. i'm almost at 3k miles.

I consider the tri coat to be old man white. With that being said that's the color of my wife's 4Runner. When mine and hers are parked side by side, the pearl white looks dirty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite the contrary an old man would go for the cheaper refrigerator white. And the post concerns IPT vs. Summit White. There are two tri coats in play on this board......the iridescent pearl tricoat is the new '16 color not the older pre '16 beige tint version called white (should be beige) frost tricoat.

The new IPT has no beige tint .........it makes the vehicle pop and appears to pure white with a slight metallic sheen under night lighting. Wife insisted we pay extra because it makes the Malibu seem to "glow" under night lighting and she was right, that color really looks well on the vehicle.

post-156616-0-28876500-1471474926_thumb.jpg

post-156616-0-27304900-1471475000_thumb.jpg

Archived