Roof top tent?

A search turned up some threads with kayak racks/roof racks/etc. but I haven't seen anything about roof top tents mounted on on a rack over the bed. Online search hasn't turned up much for RTT's on the '14-'16 trucks.

Anyone have any photos or solutions on their truck? Racks that can double as a kayak or mountain bike carrying solution would be even better

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

RTT are great. I looked myself for one but showed no results. Needed to get something for a camping trip so I ended up with a bed tent and it's great. Not sure how set you are on getting a RTT but could be another option to look at

- Mike

IG: @BlackPearl_Edition

I have a bed tent also and they are really awesome, as Mike said. I was looking into an RTT before because I usually have a rack with a basket over my bed to haul gear etc. but when I bought my truck they didn't have any thing for the sierra and there was no I could justify the price of one after looking at some.

• 1 year later...

Gonna bring this thread back from the dead. I'm also thinking of a RTT (roof top tent) for my GMC. Just wonder if anyone has put one on the Silverado or Serria, ether on the bed, roof, or bed rack.

Yes, I have. I switch from my bed tent to a roof top tent that sits on a Thule Xsporter adjustable rack in the bed.

I have the xsporter for my kayaks. Would love to see your tent setup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Gonna bring this thread back from the dead. I'm also thinking of a RTT (roof top tent) for my GMC. Just wonder if anyone has put one on the Silverado or Serria, ether on the bed, roof, or bed rack.

I have the xsporter for my kayaks. Would love to see your tent setup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I will post a few photos in the the next couple days.

3b18cd68d0286fc2cfb85c5eec2113ff.jpg

678629df77101b5f325476134d6f188f.jpg

a08168da15835c58b60909da6eef1f21.jpg

5df52dce187d628171181c671be63da0.jpg

Here are some pictures not the best but gives you the idea. Truck is on 2"level, 275/55/20 duratracs, in grill lightbar, led headlight, moriomoto fogs, Thule xsporter rack, tepui Ayer tent. And mounting tepui awning this weekend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Archived