I have a 2014 silverado 1500, I have stock z71 18in wheels and a 3in leveling kit (front only). I have nitto trail graps now (285/65r18) which are like 32.9 in diameter and have no problems with rubbing or anything. I am interesting in going up to 35/12.50r18 trail graps to better fill out the wheel wells under the same 3in leveling kit. I have searched around on several forums and seen where guys are running 35s under a 3in level with no problems, I'm a little skeptical of this though. I would like some feedback on whether or not I could clear these tires.

Please, use the search feature or google, there are like 10 active threads with the same questions. Or go to the link in my sig for a good read about this.......... :)

I'm about to purchase a set of 35x12.50r20 Nitto trails to go on my Sierra. It has a 2.5 inch level. I've seen multiple trucks in person with the same set up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much do you plan to trim and cut?

How much do you plan to trim and cut?

I already have most of my fender trimmed because I used to run 2 inch wheel spacers. Now I'm back stock and I've got probably 2.5 inches of clearance from the fender when turning. The tires still rub the sway bar at full lock but that doesn't bother me. I expect the 35x12.50's to do the same. It will be close on the fenders but I should pull it off.

Here's three trucks running 35x12.50 on leveling kits

8332de20126424ec2a96dcf9ca5ed382.jpg

67f6a10299223d443063666c1941088f.jpg

3b3f1ba7c44f7222888b2f2ebb437c2f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know my 275/70/18's have plenty of room with my level/lift. That being said I think the 35's may be a bit much I feel like you'd have a whole bunch of rubbing. Which is why I didn't go for it. Especially if you ever plan on driving on anything other than pavement and actually articulating the suspension.

My Toyos are 295/60/20 and measure (according to Toyo) 34.1x11.8. With about 2.75" lift in the front I get rubbing at the rear of the fender carpet and on the sway bar. Also running an 8mm wheel spacer right now. It just barely clears the plastic corner trim at the rear of the fenders.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I already have most of my fender trimmed because I used to run 2 inch wheel spacers. Now I'm back stock and I've got probably 2.5 inches of clearance from the fender when turning. The tires still rub the sway bar at full lock but that doesn't bother me. I expect the 35x12.50's to do the same. It will be close on the fenders but I should pull it off.

Here's three trucks running 35x12.50 on leveling kits

Those look pretty cool. I can't believe they clear without a whole lot of cutting. Good luck with your plan. Let us know how it goes!

• 1 year later...

Archived