3500 grill on 1500 GMC sierra?

I actually think it will work. I have not done it so I do not know for sure. But I have done some research and was thinking about doing it myself.

To start when GM introduced the new style trucks in 2007 the 1500 and the 2500HD/3500HD had different size grills but the similar lower bumper size

2007_GMC_Sierra_2500HD.jpg

2007_GMC_Sierra_Double_Cab.JPG

(both trucks are 2007)

They kept this design until 2011 when they introduced a new grill on the 2500HD/3500HD and also the Denali HD. 2011 - 2013 the HD trucks were made with a bigger lower bumper (you can see from the bumper slot) to add a taller look for the heavier trucks. (the HD trucks have either a 1.5 or 2" body lift- I forget)

gmc-sierra-2500hd-2011-1.jpg

01-2011-gmc-sierra.jpg

I think the only difference is that the lower bumper is smaller on the 1500's. The grille you want to put on is a chrome version of the standard 2500HD/3500HD grille. There is also the Denali HD grill which is very similar but has 4 bars instead of 3 (I am 98% sure these grille dimensions are the same since the Denali HD is just a 2500HD or 3500HD with all the features). I found a forum a while ago that a guy puts the Denali hd grill on his 1500. That is evidence it will work. here is the link. There is some modifications you will have to make like cutting some tabs but I think you can do it. In this forum the guy also puts the bigger bumper on, which doesn't seem necessary since there is a picture with the Denali hd grill with the smaller bumper.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/threads/denali-hd-grille-conversion-on-an-nnbs-1500.105089/page-2

My other word of advice is that the link hammerhead611 sent is an aftermarket version of the Denali HD grille. It is not as nice because the GMC badge area is solid and is not cut out for the GMC badge... So if you put a GMC badge on it, there will be a silver square around it. (Personally, I would not want this look).

I hope this helps you out man. I 100% agree with you about the grille. It is very very nice looking. If you end up doing this keep us updated! Best of luck

*(I do not own any of these pictures. They are from google images)

Edited by antbarbato

• 5 years later...

forgive me if anyone has covered this already. I myself am looking to do some front end mixing , to start my vehicle is an 03 denali already done the hd hood swap however i want rid of the denali grill to swap in an 06 style 3500 grill and want to possibly utilize the denali bumper not against using the 06 but the denali is the plan for now i realize this may entail some modification to the denali bumper for fitment . My question is i know the running lights are shaped different and im not against cutting them into the 3500 grill however my factory items are foggy and need replaced are the headlight assemblies the same or different anybody have the knowledge of a parts list i may need?  Ultimately my primary objective is the grill installation if i can keep the bumper great but im not against swapping it  buying new headlights and running lights can i run the denali units with slight mod for running lights and if not will 3500 units bolt to the denali factory mounts sorry long winded just wanna be certain im understood20200822_202015.thumb.jpg.a19475662d859a53b7f744798a6d5198.jpgScreenshot_20200825-080644_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9ba66c813306184a0a8b59996a6e6248.jpg