truck bed storage

ive seen numerous topics on the subject...but im not really finding anything helpful so im starting a more focused topic. im looking for a storage option for the bed...one that is not a crossover box...and needs to work with my cover. ive considered storage totes like the du ha or the husky job boxes from HD but my concern is securing them to the truck so someone doesn't easily walk off with the whole box. im also trying not to break the bank to bad on this.

Just a thought, but something inexpensive would be use the totes you mentioned and then a cable & lock system and attach the cable to one of the beds tie downs.

The totes could then be reinforced on the inside with a small block of wood or Plexiglass to ensure the cable can't be pulled out. It won't keep someone determined from taking them, but it will help with less determined punks.

I would like a set of swing cases but, they're not in the budget. I was using a tote but, it was too big and got in the way when I tried to haul big stuff. I don't have much so I picked up a medium sized tool box by dewalt in tool section at Home Depot and keep it from sliding around with a load bar.

I would like a set of swing cases but, they're not in the budget. I was using a tote but, it was too big and got in the way when I tried to haul big stuff. I don't have much so I picked up a medium sized tool box by dewalt in tool section at Home Depot and keep it from sliding around with a load bar.

not worried about someone going thru it or taking the whole box ?

im really liking the swing out boxes but like everyone else debating cause of the price...i also found the truxedo truck box...but agian...a home depot tote or job box is under $100

not worried about someone going thru it or taking the whole box ?

I have a hard locking tonneau cover so I would not be using them for security.

• 1 month later...

Archived