Leveling Kit for 2015 Sierra Denali Magnetic Ride

Yes, sorry. I originally thought it was the rough country but I confirmed it was the ProRYDE. Sorry for the confusion!

No worries! Thanks for clearing it up.

The look and stance of your truck is perfect and if just a 2.5 leveling kit fits that size tire with only light rubbing it seems like an inexpensive and easy way to get that look! (Well except for the price of the tires!!)

Thanks for the help and info while I work out the best way to get this done!

Cheers

• Like 1

No worries! Thanks for clearing it up.

The look and stance of your truck is perfect and if just a 2.5 leveling kit fits that size tire with only light rubbing it seems like an inexpensive and easy way to get that look! (Well except for the price of the tires!!)

Thanks for the help and info while I work out the best way to get this done!

Cheers

Thanks! I really like the look too and the tires are way quieter than I expected.

If you pull the trigger, please post a picture. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! I really like the look too and the tires are way quieter than I expected.

If you pull the trigger, please post a picture. Good luck!

So I had a really confusing conversation with ProRYDE. The technician I spoke with at first seemed confused by exactly what magneride was, but then went on to assure me that their leveling kit is not compatible and they don't have a relocation bracket available??!!

So to avoid uncertainty I just went ahead and ordered the SuspensionMaxx level to do 2.5" in the front and 1.0" in the back. Other members have seemed to have good success with this kit and I had a great conversation with their company where the technician was incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. Such a night and day difference which seems to be a consistent theme in related threads.

Will put some photos up when I get it all sorted out and put together!

Cheers

Hello Everyone,

I had a local company install a leveling kit on my 2015 Denali 1500. They added a bracket to the magna ride arm so it would not change the ride. Everything was great until I decided to pull a trailer that was too heavy for the truck. Now my ride is awful. My guess is that the load changed the level of the bracket.

Does anyone know how this bracket should be adjusted to provide a smoother ride?

For instance. Would the arm that adjusts the magna ride go up/down to allow for a less stiff ride?

Thanks in advance!

MUDROVER

I just purchased the RC 2" front only level for Denali MR. After reading this thread I'm concerned my ride quality will change. Has anyone installed this kit? Did your ride change?

Also, I'm not sure which tire size to buy? 275/60/20 or 285/55/20? I'm leaning toward the toyo at2 since they are about the stock tire weight. The KO2's look better, but are much heavier.

Thanks

Steve

So i have decided on the suspension max aswell. I am wondering what tire size should i go with, i Have to have an AT atleast. These 22s make it hard finding a good tire in right size.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

27faeba721df096f030a3dbdbba6215e.jpg

Edited by ToulaHD
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Finally got some photos of modifications to date........

SuspensionMAXX 2.5/1.0 level kit

Nitto Terra Grappler 285/55/22

1A Auto tow mirrors

Leer 100xl with Yakima rack

3185e30a33bf5c9f4c56e04adfc066bb.jpg80a4827d10b509e5f14ccad3a10cbb98.jpgpost-174297-150456256595_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

post-174297-150456256595_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Looks GREAT!

I was looking for the right 2/1 lift on my 17 ultimate and after seeing this, I'm sold.

Any issues with the tires? Noise? Rubbing?

I'll put on Nittos as soon as these dueler's wear out...

Thanks! I have been really happy with the way it turned out.

I just have some chrome to remove and I will be all set!

The tires are great - I feel like it is a visually a much better balance once the level kit was installed.

It feels and looks more like a "truck" in my opinion!! I opted for the 1 inch lift in the back (actually a 2 inch block replacing the factory 1 inch) to keep a small amount of rake as I tow motorbikes through the summer and didn't want to end up nose high. To me it still looks much better than the front squat that it comes from the factory with! (2.5 inch front/1.0 rear).

Here is a photo the day the lift and shell were installed but before the tires were changed.

post-174297-150466073181_thumb.jpg

Tires run pretty quiet, minimally louder than stock but with the awesome noise reduction cab almost unnoticeable unless I have the windows down and driving 35-45 mph.

Definitely some rubbing - actually there was some minor rubbing after the level kit was installed before the tires were added. Due to the shaped felt wheel well liner, lowering the position of the wheel relative to the liner meant that the "equator" of the tire was now rubbing against the bottom of the liner at full lock forwards and backwards. Not surprisingly this got worse with bigger tires!! I definitely experienced more rubbing than others have reported during turning, not just at full lock. But nothing on metal, just mostly the liner and a very small piece of the plastic trim.

I could see no meaningful way to move the liner enough with zip ties but 10 mins with a box cutter and some mild trimming of the lower portion on each front wheel well liner has resolved 98% of the problem.

There is now just a tiny rub at full lock on the very lower inner corner of the plastic trim at the bottom of the wheel well. I will likely shave this down and I think that will eliminate 100% of the rubbing problem.

Good luck. With your mods - post some pictures as. You go!!

CHEERS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

From what i have been told and have played around with is the control arm of the magnaride sensor. take it off and it throws a code and rides rough. change the length without changing anything else and rough ride,.  so what ever you change,you need to change the sensor arm/ height to put it back to it's original center sensor position. there are kits that were made to work with non magnaride systems, and now they put a level block in and ride is restored... the secret is the sensor position.   The magnaride sense the acceleration and posistion of the shock and changes the shock response

• 4 months later...
On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 1:17 PM, BootyHunter86 said:

7ca9e8e91e9804d664c9a07b5d40b49f.jpg

bf7e211ec605e5b55d8cc2ca963cc8bd.jpg

6424f075c00389f120a6425d6b3f9ba6.jpg

ba564c24d66952b94e592f8067c9fa34.jpg

f27231371984673cd30e46eb58d3d157.jpg

f363de08618b678ad8696e0ec6a4df1b.jpg

7f7c2b7f3ad7819eb7c9989eeb353a7a.jpg

a2e1eaf217034ea65e1a8c67f7902cdf.jpg

0974cebe7dfc828ec62fd7a50a843276.jpg

Before and after pictures. Notice how much the little level meter dropped. Reason why I had the rough ride was because the truck thought it was loaded. So it compensated and got stiff. Now I'm 100% happy with my ride.

Edit: the linkage is adjustable. When you call full throttle suspension tell them you need the magnetic ride suspension linkage for a drop kit. You can either go bigger or smaller on the linkage. Your choice emoji106.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I just lowered my 2017 denali 2/3 at the GMC dealership. they did nothing with adjusting the rear sensor rods, and it rides like shit now. not pleased. I need to shorten my sensor rods. by how much I do not know.

what are the center to center lengths of the rods you made? and for what drop? or how did you know what was the factory angle of the sensor arm to make the necessary cut in the rod?

• 1 month later...
On 7/18/2017 at 1:06 AM, Chets LS3 said:

What tool/program is used for the mag ride relearn. And does anyone know the exact process for it. My dealer (well the one close to me) is trying to hit me for $180 and says it takes a few hours (NOT HAPPENING) but I just want to have some knowledge other than a quick process and people are seeing $45 charges.

Anyone else have any additional info on this? I called 3 places in OKC & received quotes of $175, $140 + a dealer that “had never heard of such a thing”.. OK tends to be cheaper but I called the dealer in Houston ~6mo ago and their quote was $290!!!!!!!!!! I told them I would never take my truck back to them for anything beyond complimentary services. A common theme was also dealers attempting to tell me this was a “complex and time consuming process”. What a load of BS