just lowered my 14 Silverado!!!

Personally I'd love to have a RCSB lowered again, my 83 was a blast. I mean now you can get a V8 w/ 300+hp in rwd for under $25k, you aren't gonna get that pricing out of a Camaro/Mustang or Challenger… Play around with the suspension and add some weight to the back and you can make a pretty fun vehicle for relatively low cost… Spend a few bucks more and get a 4x4 and lower it, you'd have a pretty cheap and fun awd truck… Will it be as fast as a pony car, no not at first, but with the savings on the price you could make it… Now if only GM would put the 6.2 in a RCSB W/T or LT…

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to be a downer but, what motivates people to lower their trucks this much? I can see a 2" drop in the rear to level it out but, I prefer a 2" lift in the front.

Different strokes for different folks.

I'm not going to get mad or upset on your comment... I personally love lowered trucks.. it's what saved my life Feb 3rd 2002 coming back from Yosemite caught black ice and slid into the merced river. Thank god I was lowered. Cause if I wasn't I wouldn't be here today. So I'm gonna stick with lowered. Lifted trucks, stock trucks, lowered trucks all look good. I just choose lowered.

C'mon now he had to post the same thing in the thread twice on the same page, because it was really important that you to know he doesn't like lowered trucks. I thought I was bad for owning a 2wd truck, lowered well you're going to get run out of town on a rail.

Personally I'd love to have a RCSB lowered again, my 83 was a blast. I mean now you can get a V8 w/ 300+hp in rwd for under $25k, you aren't gonna get that pricing out of a Camaro/Mustang or Challenger… Play around with the suspension and add some weight to the back and you can make a pretty fun vehicle for relatively low cost… Spend a few bucks more and get a 4x4 and lower it, you'd have a pretty cheap and fun awd truck… Will it be as fast as a pony car, no not at first, but with the savings on the price you could make it… Now if only GM would put the 6.2 in a RCSB W/T or LT…

I would love to do a nice 3/5 drop on a RCSB with a supercharger, longtubes, sway bars, shocks, and 305's. I just think it looks weird on a crew cab or double cab. I'd level my crew cab like LTZtom, but I need to be able to run air bags for towing and for hauling loads so that's out of the picture.

C'mon now he had to post the same thing in the thread twice on the same page, because it was really important that you to know he doesn't like lowered trucks. I thought I was bad for owning a 2wd truck, lowered well you're going to get run out of town on a rail.

I'm not worried what so ever. I've never talked smack about someones ride. After I lower my truck I will post on here and I wanna hear all feeback.. negative and positive. I've owned 7 gm trucks since 18 years old. To each there own your truck your money. If someone can't handle negative comments then they shouldn't post. Everyone here has beautiful trucks

post-145646-0-70000800-1438652118_thumb.jpg

Here's a question. Back in the day I remember people use to install clamps or cut springs to get desired lower stance and caused the trucks to ride like crap and bounce making the occupants look like bobble heads riding in the cab. Has the technology changed giving these trucks a good ride or are people still sacrificing ride for looks? I do agree that above truck looks sharp though.

Love the truck. I wish I could lower mine that much but the 2/3 I did is practical for my usage.

It cracks me up how many people come in these "lowered" threads and hate. Yet no one that lowers their truck ever does that in threads with lifted trucks.

Praise the lowered!

Here's a question. Back in the day I remember people use to install clamps or cut springs to get desired lower stance and caused the trucks to ride like crap and bounce making the occupants look like bobble heads riding in the cab. Has the technology changed giving these trucks a good ride or are people still sacrificing ride for looks? I do agree that above truck looks sharp though.

Aftermarket companies have engineered most kits these days to keep stock angles and ride comfort. Most of the time the trucks ride like factory unless you add specific springs etc. To stiffen up the suspension for racing.

Love the truck. I wish I could lower mine that much but the 2/3 I did is practical for my usage.

It cracks me up how many people come in these "lowered" threads and hate. Yet no one that lowers their truck ever does that in threads with lifted trucks.

Praise the lowered!

amen!!!!

I would love to do a nice 3/5 drop on a RCSB with a supercharger, longtubes, sway bars, shocks, and 305's. I just think it looks weird on a crew cab or double cab. I'd level my crew cab like LTZtom, but I need to be able to run air bags for towing and for hauling loads so that's out of the picture.

Kinda like mine huh? :D No supercharger or headers yet but i'm getting there!

post-136340-0-68980600-1438723909_thumb.jpg

I'm clearly late to the dance on a thread that's a year old.. but that's a DAMN sharp looking truck!! LOVE It.. I've been trying to decide which way to go (lower it or raise it) and this might just push me over to the low side ;) I agree with the other post, a roll pan would really finish it off.. but even the bumper doesn't look terrible (hitch does look out of place though)

Archived