2014+ Sierra Headlight LED On/Off Mod

Like many of my fellow Sierra SLT owners, I've been hoping to find a way to mod the two LED strips in each headlight to come on at 100% brightness whether day or night. To date, we've had zero luck! (The internal wiring is more complex than just simple +/- connections) I spoke with GTPprix, who has been doing some BCM programming, and he believes it should be possible to change the truck settings so both LED's are on 24/7 at 100%. He just needs someone with a Sierra SLT or A/T in his area to test. So...

If you...

• have a 2014 Sierra SLT or A/T
  • live near Macomb, MI (45 mins north of Detroit)
  • are willing to be the first with this awesome LED mod

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post here -or- message GTPprix!

Thanks in advance!

Dave

I was thinking with all the interest in lighting on the K2, a lighting sub forum might be helpful in pulling all lighting threads together?

MotoMedic. I am in for this also. I don't like just the lower LEDs and I always push in on the fog light button during the day so that both rows are on during the day.

Phil at fast headlights said he spoke to you on this and he has not had time to dedicate with the investigation.

Let GTPprix know to review the module behind the glovebox (for the touch screen) as I noticed when the auto lights illuminate, not only do the DRL LEDs dim down, but when in NAV mode, the screen goes from blue sky to dark sky. There is a tie in there with that system. Maybe he can isolate to just turn on both rows of LEDs to full bright and the remaining functions stay factory setting.

• 2 weeks later...

GTP still hasn't been able to find anyone with a Sierra SLT or A/T close enough that he can experiment with :(

Have you talked to him recently? I'll try and drop him another message. I am willing to let him use my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a dumb idea and it against federal regulations and most state laws.

people been doing it for years. 4hi mod on 99-07 keeps the low beams on when the high beams are on. This was super easy. I did it in my 2002. There was even a 6hi mod, that brought the fogs on as well with the high beams.

I wired my lows, fogs, and highs together with diodes on my 03. The lows and fogs operate independently, but when you turn on the hi's it backfeeds the fogs and lows. All it took was some time and a wiring diagram and a couple cheap diodes. It has been this way for 6 years without any problem. IMO you should only be using hi beams when there aren't others around you, so what does it harm having even more light. It's the people that leave their hi beams on that are the issue.

Archived