LED 921 Reverse & Cargo Bulbs

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just ordered these before finding this thread. I hope they work!

Look at this on eBay:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=291037114965

2x White CREE High Power 50W Backup Reverse Light Bulb T10 T15 194 W5W Projector

Same thing I got! Only difference is when I ordered mine everyone selling them in California wanted $130 for a pair of them. So I just ordered them straight from China. Mine work great and hope yours do as well

As long as a bulb cross references to a 921, then will fit the socket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same thing I got! Only difference is when I ordered mine everyone selling them in California wanted $130 for a pair of them. So I just ordered them straight from China. Mine work great and hope yours do as well

As long as a bulb cross references to a 921, then will fit the socket

Installed the bulbs today and they look great. Did a side by side and the old stock ones looked like faded yellow and the new LED nice bright white.

I couldn't get the cargo ones to work, even after reversing the polarity, until upon closer inspection I found the wires bent back on the bulb base had to be bent to the other sides to make contact with the cargo sockets, then no problem - they lit up nicely. Great easy job. I hope they last long so I don't ever have to buy these nice but expensive LED replacements again. Now on to the side brake light bulbs and center brake lite bulb/LED swaps? Running & turn? Fog? So many bulbs - but so little money!

Installed the bulbs today and they look great. Did a side by side and the old stock ones looked like faded yellow and the new LED nice bright white.

I couldn't get the cargo ones to work, even after reversing the polarity, until upon closer inspection I found the wires bent back on the bulb base had to be bent to the other sides to make contact with the cargo sockets, then no problem - they lit up nicely. Great easy job. I hope they last long so I don't ever have to buy these nice but expensive LED replacements again. Now on to the side brake light bulbs and center brake lite bulb/LED swaps? Running & turn? Fog? So many bulbs - but so little money!

Go with the all the brake lights first! I want to do that but want to get a lift and light bar first [emoji23] so if you find good bulbs for those I'll copy!!

Also make sure you match the color to what they should be! Such as GET RED, NOT WHITE for brake lights. It's better to match the color cause if you get white then it has the possibility of washing out some of the red and making it look pink

Has anyone else have any issues of the LED reverse bulbs blowing fuses. I bought mine for the back up and cargo from here http://www.ebay.com/itm/221398579566?item=221398579566&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:L:OC:US:3160&vxp=mtr and they worked for about 7 days. Then yesterday my back up camera wouldn't work and come to find out it was a blown fuse. The camera gets it's power from the back up light fuse. I replaced the fuse and had my son put it in reverse and lights turn on for a second then fuse goes out. I installed the regular bulbs in and works just fine. Anyone else have this issue?

Has anyone else have any issues of the LED reverse bulbs blowing fuses. I bought mine for the back up and cargo from here http://www.ebay.com/itm/221398579566?item=221398579566&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:L:OC:US:3160&vxp=mtr and they worked for about 7 days. Then yesterday my back up camera wouldn't work and come to find out it was a blown fuse. The camera gets it's power from the back up light fuse. I replaced the fuse and had my son put it in reverse and lights turn on for a second then fuse goes out. I installed the regular bulbs in and works just fine. Anyone else have this issue?

I had my camera go out once. But it came back on after I killed the engine and restarted it. Figured it was just a loose connection so I unplugged the camera and replugged it along with a few other connections under the bed and everything worked well.

Something else may be wrong if the LEDs are causing the fuse to blow. Cause with how little power LEDs draw, they shouldn't be blowing any fuses in this situation. Now if there was a light pod or bar connected to the reverse lights, that would be a different story

I have bought the same exact bulbs, have the same issue with cargo lights. ill try what you did tomorrow. thanks for the tip Mad Max. please keep us in mind if/when you do other led replacements. such as brake light bulbs. goodluck

I cant for the life of me find the thread where I think it was Moto had the bumper Step cargo lights. I lost the thread and I cant find it. anyone know what Leds to use in that step? thanks. ive spend like 3 hours trying to find that thread with no luck.

I cant for the life of me find the thread where I think it was Moto had the bumper Step cargo lights. I lost the thread and I cant find it. anyone know what Leds to use in that step? thanks. ive spend like 3 hours trying to find that thread with no luck.

Nope, that was me!

My build thread:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?/topic/160877-Mike1220%27s-2014-Sierra

LED pod/accent light thread:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?/topic/157588-LED-Accent---Puddle-Light-Pods-%26-Strips

I used XKglow.com LED light pods. Small 6 LED pods. They are small but put out a lot of light! Check out both threads. I've found a few good uses for those light pods. And they are inexpensive too.

Archived