Wheel Choices for Mocha Truck

rebelman06

Which rim do you like better?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I bought a 2012 Mocha Steel Metallic Silverado about a month ago. I am going to upgrade the rims and tires on my truck and want some thoughts on wheels for a brown truck. I don't really like chrome (All-Star Chrome front end wasn't my first choice, I couldn't pass up the rebates and discounts). I like how the Z71 18" wheels look, but EVERY truck around here has them so I want something dfferent.

Stock

DSCN0645.jpg

5294432471.jpg

VTEC Raptor in Black (Available in Matte Black and Reflective Black "Chrome" Paint)

raptor2.jpg

MB Chaos 6 Black

MBblack.jpg

MB Chaos 6 Machined

chaos6_silver.jpg

MB TKO Matte Black

mb_tko_black.jpg

MB Vortex Machined Finish

201220Chevy20Silverado20LT20Z71204x4.jpg

What do you guys think of black rims on the brown paint? I am going to stick with 17" and 265/70/17. I might add a leveling kit eventually, but I'm not sure. Thoughts?

1. tko

2.chaos six black

I think black wheels will look good with your paint, and even better if you decided to add some black steps, i.e. NFAB.

I hope to be able to upgrade my wheels in the future and i am planning on going with black.

Out of what you have picked.. i like the first pic. VTEC Raptor Black

Should I take that as "They all suck, but that one sucks the least?" I am not completely sold on any of them, although I may have just figured out what I want:

Stolen from the internet...

My opinion is for black wheels you need a bold color vehicle like bright red, or blue, etc. I like your color, but it is neutral, like silver, gray, black, white, etc. For a neutral color you should have some bling to make the color pop. If you are stuck on black, maybe a wheel with some machined "shine" in it. Just my 2 cents!

Should I take that as "They all suck, but that one sucks the least?" I am not completely sold on any of them, although I may have just figured out what I want:

Yes...they all suck. Lol. I'm all for black wheels but in a 17" version their design is compressed / gets lost and they look like spares. XD Addicts look okay in 17" but I would consider going larger. As far as a leveling kit...do it. Also debadge and scrap the pinstripe. Remove the valance too.

Out of what you have picked.. i like the first pic. VTEC Raptor Black

Stolen from the internet...

I like these the best, would look great IMO.

I voted for the vortex. Normally, I'd choose a black rim with that color, but with your all-chrome front end and light colored pin stripe...I think the machined looks better. If you had the appearance package, I'd have chosen the black raptors.

Archived