2011 Silverado 1500 Rear Bumper

Hey everyone,

My brother sent me a message today that he had been hit in his parking lot at school. Of course, the bumpers on the 2011's are made of aluminum foil, so the whole right side of his is wrecked. Thankfully, there is no body damage.

Now, I have a ranchhand rear replacement on my truck. It is really solid. I think that the best recommendation for my brother would be to keep the one now until he can get one that is a little bit stronger.

That said, I haven't been able to find any heavy duty aftermarket bumpers that fit the 2011 1500. Are there differences between the 2010 bumper/mount and the 2011? Does anyone have aftermarket bumpers on their new trucks that you might have pictures for? Any other recommendations I can give him.

Thanks in advance

Good info to know. Since it wasn't listed, I was unsure as to whether they changed the mounting for them.

Is it possible to buy the chrome pieces for the sides of the rear bumper only? I don't know how it disassembles, but I've heard that it might be possible to replace just the dented chrome part?

Good info to know. Since it wasn't listed, I was unsure as to whether they changed the mounting for them.

Is it possible to buy the chrome pieces for the sides of the rear bumper only? I don't know how it disassembles, but I've heard that it might be possible to replace just the dented chrome part?

Yes that is possible. I had my entire bumper apart because i got the chrome parts powdercoated black. They are riveted on, i just drilled em out and put bolts in their place when i put them back. They are large rivets and my rivet gun wouldnt go that big, also i couldnt find them that big so i went with bolts. Its a bit of a pain cus theres like 12 on each piece but i got it done. Shouldnt be a problem for ya.

It may be able to be taken apart, chances are you can only buy a full bumper tho

Yes that is possible. I had my entire bumper apart because i got the chrome parts powdercoated black. They are riveted on, i just drilled em out and put bolts in their place when i put them back. They are large rivets and my rivet gun wouldnt go that big, also i couldnt find them that big so i went with bolts. Its a bit of a pain cus theres like 12 on each piece but i got it done. Shouldnt be a problem for ya.

The factory gmt-900 rear bumper is 3 tinfoil/metal pieces and the two top plastic pieces.

Not forgetting the 2 plastic end pieces.

The center/frame, and seperate end pieces. I just replaced my left side metal bumper

end piece to the tune of $240.

Note that the gmt-900 rear bumper metal pieces are the same for the 1500 and 2500s.

The only difference is the plastic pieces on top of the bumper. The plastic pieces for a

2500 are taller than the 1500s to make up for the height difference because the 2500

frame is TALLER than the 1500s.

The factory bumpers suck!

Yea his looks like a 3" BL to me.

oldschool - what modifications did you have to make to the bumper since you had the BL? I have a 1.25" BL and I'm thinking about the Fab Fours but I'm concerned about the mounting. I was assuming that you just cut the brackets off and re-weld them in the right place?

Also, FWIW, my 2011s bumper is WAY weaker than my 2008s. I have no idea why but I can literally grab the end of the bumper with my hands and bend it up or down. I could stand on the edge of my '08s without any give at all. Now when the tailgate is down I'll jump on the bumper to get in the bed and it gives about 1.5". I'd like to shove it up GM's A$$ sideways....

If you don't mind me asking, how much was your Fab Fours rear bumper? I would assume color matched costs more.

That Fab Four looks sick!

Thanks! :jester:

oldschool327, do you have a body lift on your truck???

Yes- 3" Zone

Yea his looks like a 3" BL to me.

oldschool - what modifications did you have to make to the bumper since you had the BL? I have a 1.25" BL and I'm thinking about the Fab Fours but I'm concerned about the mounting. I was assuming that you just cut the brackets off and re-weld them in the right place?

Also, FWIW, my 2011s bumper is WAY weaker than my 2008s. I have no idea why but I can literally grab the end of the bumper with my hands and bend it up or down. I could stand on the edge of my '08s without any give at all. Now when the tailgate is down I'll jump on the bumper to get in the bed and it gives about 1.5". I'd like to shove it up GM's A$$ sideways....

If you don't mind me asking, how much was your Fab Fours rear bumper? I would assume color matched costs more.

The Fab Fours was a "gift" from the great state of NC Troopers after being rear ended at a stoplight while messing with his computer. :D Cost is 995.00 from the company direct. Consider that the factory bumper is over 1200 bucks with all the pieces, thats a great deal. It was factory color matched when they replaced my bedside for free at the body shop also. Talk to Matt if you are considering one, I personally picked mine up in Charlotte and all those guys are true truckers!

The great thing about the way it is made is that if you have a BL the Fab Fours bracket bolts to 1/2" steel box tube that you can flip over from right to left and "slot" the mounting holes to adjust for the amount of BL you have. I was the gunnea pig for that one and forwarded my directions and write up to Matt for inclusion in the bumper kit if you ask for it. If you need help just ask and I can walk you through the process, very easy.

• 1 month later...
Yes it can be replaced in peices.

Yes they are all the same.

Recommend Fab Fours!!!! Hands down the best with customers and product!

100_1251.jpg

Would you be able to get a measurement for me on the rear bumper? Im looking for the distance from say the bottom edge of the tailgate to the end of the furthest point of the bumper (but not the D-ring attach points).

Do you know if the Fab Fours bumper is the same size as the factory bumper or if it's shorter (tighter/closer into the truck)?

Rear measurement from tailgate to:

left and right rear is 6 1/2"

Center section 8"

End of D rings 9 1/2"

Side measurement from taillight to bumper edge is 1 7/8"

Hope it helps, The bumper is bigger but sits more flush with the truck body lines. I cant remeber what the OEM bumper was like it has been so long. If you need any other camera shots let me know.

Archived