Sierra Front Clip On A Yukon?

I was messing around with a graphic editor and swapped a Sierra Denali front clip onto a Yukon to see what it'd look like (excuse my amateur edit to try to match the colors, but you get the idea). I really like the look. Not that I have the Yukon nor the cash to do this myself, but would it just be a 'typical' front clip swap like others have done with the Escalade, Tahoe, Silverado, etc? Has anyone actually done this swap?

post-68159-1267407927_thumb.jpg

Thats pretty cool looking actually haha... I like it better than the front end on the Yukons now. Sierra has the edge over Silverado and Tahoe has it over the Yukon...

I have seen a pic. of a sierra with a tahoe front clip floating around somewhere

Yeah I've seen that one too... couldn't find it anywhere though... It was a black truck wasn't it?

I was messing around with a graphic editor and swapped a Sierra Denali front clip onto a Yukon to see what it'd look like (excuse my amateur edit to try to match the colors, but you get the idea). I really like the look. Not that I have the Yukon nor the cash to do this myself, but would it just be a 'typical' front clip swap like others have done with the Escalade, Tahoe, Silverado, etc? Has anyone actually done this swap?

I really like it.

Looks more masculine IMHO.

Someone has to have done this for real.

Big John NYC :shakehead:

• 6 months later...

I was looking for such projects for a long time, but found nothing yet.

Initially, I was thinking about buying Tahoe and doing this conversion, however it's rather hard to get GMC parts in Russia, those rear fender flares look quite a problem.

Anyway, I bought an Escalade and was even thinking about installing tahoe front end on it. But GMC is better, 'cause it has two rows of lamps in front lights - that resembles tahoes and yukons from back 90's.

I've found another photoshop picture of yukon with sierra denali front end and it looks awesome.

Some guys made a Duramax Suburban with Silverado front end and there's rear fenders solution, at least for silverdo-styled look, I think it's quite possible to find appropriate solution to make sierra-styled fenders.

I'd like to find someday a contact information about GMT900 chief engineer, just to ask him, whether it's possible to do this swap - to install Sierra front end on Escalade and not to loose GM warranty.

Sure, it would be much easy for me to buy Sierra Denali, but it's not presented on Russian market. The price tag would be 100K USD, if I do it myself - situation with import vehicles taxes in Russia is completely messed up!(

That is 10K more than Escalade price - I got mine for just 90K USD. GMC is more expensive than Cadillac. Complete mess.

post-81523-1285410297_thumb.jpg

post-81523-1285410319_thumb.jpg

Tahoe has it over the Yukon...

Actually, I was gonna start a thread about this subject, as I am new to this type of vehicle. I've never owned a GMC or Chevvy before. I'm therefore interested in what in your opinion makes you feel the Tahoe has the edge on the Yukon? Is it externally or internally, that you think it's better?

I'm not saying this just because I have a Yukon, as it was for this reason I bought the Yukon instead of the Tahoe and it's obviously all down to taste but on exterior looks alone, I prefer the Yukon. I think the front of the Yukon just looks beefier and more intimidating. I park next to a Tahoe every day and even the guy who owns it, admits he prefers the Yukon and when he goes for the trade in later this year, that is what he is buying. Therefore, if just because you prefer the external looks on a Tahoe, then I ain't gonna change my mind. But if it's extras internally, what are they?

To be honest, the only thing I dislike about the Yukon is the jump seat and not having a console. I'm therefore thinking about the Denali when I come to trade in but is the extra price worth it? What do you get on a Denali for your money, that you don't on a Yukon?

Tahoe has it over the Yukon...

Actually, I was gonna start a thread about this subject, as I am new to this type of vehicle. I've never owned a GMC or Chevvy before. I'm therefore interested in what in your opinion makes you feel the Tahoe has the edge on the Yukon? Is it externally or internally, that you think it's better?

I'm not saying this just because I have a Yukon, as it was for this reason I bought the Yukon instead of the Tahoe and it's obviously all down to taste but on exterior looks alone, I prefer the Yukon. I think the front of the Yukon just looks beefier and more intimidating. I park next to a Tahoe every day and even the guy who owns it, admits he prefers the Yukon and when he goes for the trade in later this year, that is what he is buying. Therefore, if just because you prefer the external looks on a Tahoe, then I ain't gonna change my mind. But if it's extras internally, what are they?

To be honest, the only thing I dislike about the Yukon is the jump seat and not having a console. I'm therefore thinking about the Denali when I come to trade in but is the extra price worth it? What do you get on a Denali for your money, that you don't on a Yukon?

I'm pretty sure his comment was in reference to the looks of the two. At least that's how I read it.

And I agree. I prefer the front clip on the Tahoe over the Yukon except when it's in the Denali trim.

I was looking for such projects for a long time, but found nothing yet.

Initially, I was thinking about buying Tahoe and doing this conversion, however it's rather hard to get GMC parts in Russia, those rear fender flares look quite a problem.

Anyway, I bought an Escalade and was even thinking about installing tahoe front end on it. But GMC is better, 'cause it has two rows of lamps in front lights - that resembles tahoes and yukons from back 90's.

I've found another photoshop picture of yukon with sierra denali front end and it looks awesome.

Some guys made a Duramax Suburban with Silverado front end and there's rear fenders solution, at least for silverdo-styled look, I think it's quite possible to find appropriate solution to make sierra-styled fenders.

I'd like to find someday a contact information about GMT900 chief engineer, just to ask him, whether it's possible to do this swap - to install Sierra front end on Escalade and not to loose GM warranty.

Sure, it would be much easy for me to buy Sierra Denali, but it's not presented on Russian market. The price tag would be 100K USD, if I do it myself - situation with import vehicles taxes in Russia is completely messed up!(

That is 10K more than Escalade price - I got mine for just 90K USD. GMC is more expensive than Cadillac. Complete mess.

I'm guessing you have some pretty unique vehicles for your part of the world. :thumbs:

Archived