How-To: GMT800 Vent Valve Solenoid Canister Location.

Hurl300

Go with the $24 part. I followed the advice from Poster "odayflor" from the forum link above. I cross referenced GM part # 2593271 to AC Delco part # 214-2149. I bought the replacement from Advance Auto Parts for $22.99. They have it listed as an EGR valve. It is the exact replacement for the evap vent valve on my 2005 Silverado Crew Cab. I got four years and 46,000 miles out of the OEM part, I don't see any reason to "upgrade" to GM's modified part with the remote filter for around $150 more than the direct replacement. Below are some photos of the parts.

The first image is of both the old (left) and new (right) vent valve/filter units. Even the part numbers imprinted on the plastic housings were identical. The second image is the new vent valve/filter unit installed on the truck. I could not reuse the hose to the charcoal canister because it was too brittle. I replaced it using a short section of 5/8" heater hose to make the connection. All in all, it was less than a 30 minute job.

gallery_66955_748_28268.jpg

gallery_66955_748_58465.jpg

How do you remove the original hose from the charcoal canister end (white end)?

It is like it is shrink wrapped on each end. Thanks for any tips.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too ran into the problem with the evap vent solenoid code. I called the dealer and had them hold the part for me. I picked it up and took it home to replace only to find that it was different than the one that was on there. I took it back to them and they then informed me that it was a modified part from which I had to route the air box filter above the transmission. They gave me a print out of the TSB and took it home done what was called for me. I had to buy 7 ft. of 5/8inch heater hose and 4 clamps. It only took me twenty minutes to do the job correctly once I had the parts. Yeah, it ended costing me about $180.00 for all the required parts verses just getting the $24 part that was the same as the old one on the truck. Hopefully it'll pay off and I won't have to replace it again.

Any help with the PO449 code?,my code reader says "evaporator emmissions vent valve/solenoid circiut",is this the same thing you guys been replacing?

My dash panel was saying "tighen gas cap",so i put a stainless steel sheet metal screw into ratcheting gas cap,that solved the tighten gas cap issue on dash,this truck was made in canada,so the little engine symbol is whats staying on,cleared the code several times,keeps coming back PO449,reader telling me what I stated in first paragrah.

Any help greatly appreciated........email me and/or i will check back Saturday.

Go with the $24 part. I followed the advice from Poster "odayflor" from the forum link above. I cross referenced GM part # 2593271 to AC Delco part # 214-2149. I bought the replacement from Advance Auto Parts for $22.99. They have it listed as an EGR valve. It is the exact replacement for the evap vent valve on my 2005 Silverado Crew Cab. I got four years and 46,000 miles out of the OEM part, I don't see any reason to "upgrade" to GM's modified part with the remote filter for around $150 more than the direct replacement. Below are some photos of the parts.

The first image is of both the old (left) and new (right) vent valve/filter units. Even the part numbers imprinted on the plastic housings were identical. The second image is the new vent valve/filter unit installed on the truck. I could not reuse the hose to the charcoal canister because it was too brittle. I replaced it using a short section of 5/8" heater hose to make the connection. All in all, it was less than a 30 minute job.

My uncle has an 2007 Silverado with the same code. ( PO0449 )

GM part # 2593271 is this the same part for my uncles truck?

If so than I would be lead to believe I could just buy the Acdelco part # 214-2149 for cheaper and replace it with the bad EVAP solenoid.

Correct?

Please confirm this is the same for my uncles '07. I talked to GM on Friday the parts guy wasnt any help. I think he knew what I was trying to do. lol ( Save money )

Thanks in advance!

Kyle

• 2 months later...

I have an 06 Sierra with a P0455 code and read all the advice on this and went with the GM part # 25962086 only to find out it won't work on my truck. The new part has two lines coming off it and mine only has one. I'm back to the dealer to have him do some more searching to see if the part # listed is for an 06 Suburban 2WD. Has anyone else come across this?

• 1 month later...
I just went through this exercise since I was getting code (P0449). Thanks to all the posting I was able to figure out what was wrong.

If you are experiencing this situation wit code P0449 check your gas cap first replace if necessary.

Otherwise it is a well know issue that the EVAP Emissions Canister (the one under neath the spare tire...I have an 07 Avalanche LTZ) is the part the need replacing. I have about 61,000 miles and this canister was giving me issues since I would clear the code and it would come back up.

Go to the Dealer and ask for part 25962086 ($27.19 without the tax) and repalce it underneath the truck...it should take you about half an hour tops and tha includes putting down the spare tire.

If anyone has questions I will more than happy to help.

After getting a PO449 code and failing the inspection the machanic was sure that the Evap Sol was the problem. For the 2007 Tahoe the Evap Sol p/n is 25962085 for $32.90 from the dealer. On the Tahoe this part was an exact fit with hoses and clamps. I changed out the unit that was under the spare also but the check engine light is still on. Is there additional steps to clearing the code or should I look at replacing the canister like the one you show in the picture? I an quilty of topping off at fuel fillups as well.

I had to go thru 3 driving cycles for mine to clear on it's own.....then drive an addition 70 or so miles before it would clear for state inspection

Thanks your that tip. I was able to clear the error and dash light by disconnecting the battery.

I will hold off a couple more days than before I have it re-inspected to make sure it passes. Thanks

I have a late year 1999 silverado 1500 with 4.8 ltr. Take late year to mean that it is the new body style. I need to replace the vent valve solenoid. I am not able to locate anything the looks like the item in the pictures of the previous posts. I have located an item that might possibly be it but it appears to be much smaller than the one pictured. It is bolted to the driver side frame rail just about right where the filler hose comes down.

Would that be the Item I need to replace or am I in the wrong location?

thanks for any help

BLUE...On the 99 its a rectangular valve and not the round style as in this thread, but the part still works fine. I just did mine.

Thanks Slabi.. just to be sure, you used the Ac delco part #214-2149 item?

Did you get it at Advanced Auto?

Thanks again

BLUE...On the 99 its a rectangular valve and not the round style as in this thread, but the part still works fine. I just did mine.

Thanks Slabi.. just to be sure, you used the Ac delco part #214-2149 item?

Did you get it at Advanced Auto?

Thanks again

I used the AC Delco part, just got it from a local APC place. It fit like a glove, just have to bend the little bracket a wee bit when re-installing. Should take all of 10-15 minutes top.

• 1 month later...

My 2005 Silverado Z71 5.3 vinB recently threw the p0449 code. I read alot of these and everyone was saying to replace evap canister with acdelco 2142149 because it is much cheaper. True, but after I purchased i realized mine was equipped with the acdelco 2142082 (the relocated 2 piece).31n+PAM3jWL.jpgIs there anyway to convert back to the 2142149 or should i just return and purchase the 2142082 for $85. Thanks

My 2005 Silverado Z71 5.3 vinB recently threw the p0449 code. I read alot of these and everyone was saying to replace evap canister with acdelco 2142149 because it is much cheaper. True, but after I purchased i realized mine was equipped with the acdelco 2142082 (the relocated 2 piece).31n%20PAM3jWL.jpgIs there anyway to convert back to the 2142149 or should i just return and purchase the 2142082 for $85. Thanks

I ran into the same problem the dealer told me the part # 214-2082 was 170$, so i went to a local Ac Delco dealer and he cross matched the number with a different number which was CP454 and its the same part just not a Delco part, but it only cost me 41$, and 15 minutes to replace it.

• 4 weeks later...
I just wanted to add this in this thread:

My solenoid is different. Apparantly there are two different flavors for this part. I had the square one. I was able to buy the exact same solenoid that came off from the dealer, but it was ~$90. I just wanted to make sure that I was getting the right one, the round one will not fit my rig.

My 2000 is the square one as well. When I popped this code a while back, I read the TSB on it. The cause was potentially dust plugging the vent solenoid so I figured what the heck, if I may have to buy a new one anyway, I might as well see if I can fix it myself. Well, I took it out, took it apart, blew all the dust out of it (a lot), put it back together, put it in, and NO CODES - Fixed. Took 1 hour.

It's easy except for the devil clip that holds the vent tube to the solenoid. I tried to take mine off and clean it a few months ago but the code came back in. It took me a good while to remove the tubing from the solenoid due to the tight space. You really have to squeeze the tabs and twist. Funny thing is that the new solenoid came with a new piece of tubing but you cannot remove the old tubing due to it being clipped down above the gas tank. I had to remove the new solenoid from the new tubing and re-use the old tubing. Holding it with both hands I could just barely get the new tubing off. It is really difficult to separate.

Dude, yeah no kidding!! I tried removing the tube from the EVAP today too, there is no room up there to wiggle it out, very frustrating! I have prett big hands so that adds to the complication. Unfortunatelly I'm considering taking it to the dealer and paying the quoted $208 to replace it!! Argh!

Archived