Throwing Code U0107

Read the code and it said there was a fuel pump malfunction. So i cleared that code and installed a new fuel filter the old fuel filter was clogged. Now when you get on the gas kinda hard the yukon goes into limp mode and throws a code U0107 (lost comm. with throttle control module) also the door locks lock and unlock a few times before the engine dies and or the engine light comes on. Any ideas. I have a 2004 Yukon 5.3L AWD

Read the code and it said there was a fuel pump malfunction. So i cleared that code and installed a new fuel filter the old fuel filter was clogged. Now when you get on the gas kinda hard the yukon goes into limp mode and throws a code U0107 (lost comm. with throttle control module). Any ideas. I have a 2004 Yukon 5.3L AWD

DTC U0107 sets if the battery voltage is low. If the customer's concern is slow cranking or no crank because battery voltage is low, ignore DTC U0107. Clear any DTCs from memory that may have set from the low battery voltage condition.

DTC U0107 sets when there is a short to B+ on the TAC module ground circuit. Inspect the fuses for the circuits that are in the TAC module harness--i.e. cruise, brake. An inspection of the fuses may lead you to the circuit that is shorted to the TAC module ground circuit.

DTC U0107 sets if the TAC module ignition feed circuit is shorted to a B+ supply circuit. The TAC module stays powered-up when the ignition switch is turned OFF. When the ignition switch is turned ON, the TAC module is powered-up before the PCM. DTC U0107 sets because no communication is detected by the TAC module from the PCM. Inspect related circuits for being shorted to a B+ supply circuit.

Inspect the TAC module power and ground circuits and the TAC module/PCM serial data circuits for intermittent connections.

Inspect the TAC module connectors for signs of water intrusion. If water intrusion occurs, multiple DTCs may set without any circuit or component conditions found during diagnostic testing.

Read the code and it said there was a fuel pump malfunction. So i cleared that code and installed a new fuel filter the old fuel filter was clogged. Now when you get on the gas kinda hard the yukon goes into limp mode and throws a code U0107 (lost comm. with throttle control module). Any ideas. I have a 2004 Yukon 5.3L AWD

DTC U0107 sets if the battery voltage is low. If the customer's concern is slow cranking or no crank because battery voltage is low, ignore DTC U0107. Clear any DTCs from memory that may have set from the low battery voltage condition.

DTC U0107 sets when there is a short to B+ on the TAC module ground circuit. Inspect the fuses for the circuits that are in the TAC module harness--i.e. cruise, brake. An inspection of the fuses may lead you to the circuit that is shorted to the TAC module ground circuit.

DTC U0107 sets if the TAC module ignition feed circuit is shorted to a B+ supply circuit. The TAC module stays powered-up when the ignition switch is turned OFF. When the ignition switch is turned ON, the TAC module is powered-up before the PCM. DTC U0107 sets because no communication is detected by the TAC module from the PCM. Inspect related circuits for being shorted to a B+ supply circuit.

Inspect the TAC module power and ground circuits and the TAC module/PCM serial data circuits for intermittent connections.

Inspect the TAC module connectors for signs of water intrusion. If water intrusion occurs, multiple DTCs may set without any circuit or component conditions found during diagnostic testing.

I cleared the code several times but every time you try to accelerate kinda hard it does the same thing throws code U0107 and goes into limp mode. They did tell me at the auto part store my battery was weak but it starts fine. Also just befored the engine light comes on the door locks lock and unlock a few times.

Just guessing, playing mechanic here; if the battery is running low, and you hit it, and its not charging the battery enough, I would guess it could not supply enough voltage for the fuel pump, and throw those trouble codes.

• 7 months later...

Check your grounds. I have seen lots of chevy throw TAC codes when the ground wire goes bad. I might be wrong, but I think there is one that goes bad at the back of the engine (connects to the body I believe)

Will check out the grounds and see what I can find. As for the battery, it is new and when I had my other one in it (would not hold a charge) I never had this problem. Plus it is too intermittent to be the battery, and the charging system is perfect. Going to check grounds and see if the connectors have any moisture in them.

Archived